All boilers should be serviced and inspected annually by a Gas Safe or Oftec registered engineer.
Servicing your gas appliances annually will help to significantly increase its life span. Added benefits include reducing the risk of future breakdowns, in addition to saving you money on your monthly bills.
What’s included in the service:
- A visual check to ensure your boiler and flue meet current standards
- Boiler fired to identify any working faults
- Boiler casing removed to check all main boiler components (burner, heat exchanger, main injector, spark/sensor probe)
- Checks to ensure flue terminals are unobstructed and internal flue components are sealed properly
- Inside casing surfaces cleaned
- Main heat exchanger and boiler parts cleaned (not always necessary on condensing boilers)
- Boiler casing seals inspected for integrity to ensure adequate sealing
- Gas working pressure test conducted to ensure that adequate gas is supplied to the appliance
- Combustion readings checked and gas valve adjusted, if necessary, to ensure the burner is combusting efficiently and properly (normally using a flue gas analyser)
Any parts needed, such as new gaskets, may have to be ordered and are not included in the cost of the service.